Saturday, 8 September 2012

Disney. Past vs Present.

When I was a kid I begged and threw tantrums until my parents subscribed to Disney Channel. I loved it. One of my favorite shows was "Totally Spies" and "Kim Possible". Oh! I have always liked the old Disney sitcoms like "Un-fabulous", "Even Stevens" and "Lizzie McGuire". The movies weren't too bad either. They taught people things. Like "Princess Diaries" taught about staying true to yourself, responsibilities may not always be dull but they still have to be taken seriously and most of all friendships that lasts. "Finding Nemo" was all about adventure and the journey.

My favorite cartoon from Disney was still "Pinocchio". It was filled with stories of adventures and learning that being yourself and embracing who you are is important. Of course no one could forget that if you lied you nose would grow!

The music was great too! In fact I loved everything. Me and my friends could watch "Lion King" over and over again and I always felt that "Mulan" was amazing. Secretly, I have always admired her courage. Well, that is not a secret anymore is it. I have always loved "Aladdin" and "Beauty and the Beast". I loved the flying magic carpet and the music. Of course I haven't forgotten everyone's favorite Genie! Blue skinned with lots of humor he was always cracking jokes and making everything much more amusing. Undeniably wise as well. Wise and humorous. What a perfect mix. Who could forget dancing teacups and candlesticks? To be honest, I didn't like the ending of "Beauty and the beast". I hated to see the candlestick turn into a human. Somehow it decreased his "fun level". I loved it when they sang and dance. Especially to the ever so popular number "Be our guest".

To be honest, I missed the old Disney. All the good TV series are now replaced with things I will never let my children (in the future) watch. It is stupid. In the past shows with people who saved the world had villains with weird gizmos and crazy sidekicks. Super powers were cool ones like invisibility, super strength ad you name it. This brings me to mention about "Boboiboy". It is by far the WORST superhero show in history. It is about aliens, wanting to take over the world's Cocoa powder and the super heroes have powers o lighting (this one isn't so bad really) and a super power that turns what ever you touch into food. Firstly, if aliens wanted to take over Cocoa powder, I have no qualms with giving them what they want. It is not like they were going to destroy the world. What kind of plot is that?! Then again, WHAT SORT OF POWER IS FOOD-TRANSFORMING ABILITIES?! At least the fairytale about the man who had the ability to turn anything he touches into gold made more sense. Gold is useful. At least it helps you live a comfortable life. Turning anything you touch into food is just a stupid power. It doesn't do much good. Oh, before I forget. Has anyone heard the rap? Gosh. It is so stupid. You can google it. It goes like "Boboiboy! Bobo bobo!" It is so annoyingly stupid and that it is stuck in my head makes it worse.

Then there is this stupid show called Upin and Ipin. They're two little boys that get to roam around and viced by a little girl. They look like they are 4 years old yet they are allowed to roam around as they please? Right. Like that is very safe. 2 boys, voiced by one girl. Do I really have to say much about that? I don't think so. It is already pretty obvious why I think it is stupid. "Shawn the Sheep" is a stupid show too. I just don't get it. They are sheep that have parties and never got caught. There's also a dog that seems to be sipping coffee all the time writing on a clipboard. I don't know about you, but if my dog can drink coffee, write and manage a whole barn of sheep, he would be on every newspaper and famous all over the world. I'm just saying.

Not all the shows are bad of course. The new sitcoms are pretty hilarious although I miss "Wizards of Waverly place" A LOT. My favorite is still Alex. "Phineas and Ferb" is wonderful too! It encourages people to spark imaginations and I love it. It isn't too bad that the old shows that I like (not all, but some is better than none) still play after midnight. Which is why during my holidays I am up till 4am.

I just miss old Disney shows a lot. The really good ones especially. I even know most of the songs by heart. They are timeless. Of course, it still does not forgive the stupidity of some of the shows now.

No comments:

Post a Comment