Friday, 28 September 2012

Opinions on Gangnam Style

Just in case some of you don't know what "Gangnam Style" is, it is a song that went viral. Everyone is listening to it and it has gained recognition. It is also a song I dislike a lot. Well, for those of you who haven't watched the music video from which I would make some of my references, here it is.


Before I list down all the reasons why I dislike this, I have to say, it does have some deserved credit. It is fast, upbeat and really catchy. It could work for clubs or wherever you want loud dancing music. In fact, sometimes I think the only reason why it went viral is because it is catchy. The video seemed pretty fun too. Not because of all the sexual crap but because of the fun bright colors and utter silliness. Like swimming in a spring. Plus, it is a man with groove.You cannot deny that. As much as I abhor this song and music video, he does have some groove.

To be honest, what I found stupidest in this video which has ironically been the best part about it was the stupid dancing. Honestly, they look like overly excited kids who had too much cotton candy and decided to take a ride on the merry-go-round. Kid who would go up on a toy horse, run, scream and hop around like an idiot trying their best to stay on the horse. Or in the this case, singing while hopping around on the horse. Some of my friends say that the dance is hard to master but honestly it isn't. I took about 5 minutes in front of the mirror to master it. Still thought it looked extremely stupid and I honestly have no idea why everyone is doing it. First they tell me that I shouldn't laugh aloud in public or do stupid things because it is embarrassing. Then, they go around doing the silliest dance of the century. This is a big burn to all his fans but ever since this video came out, the Macarena is no longer the worst dance ever.

To be honest, the stupid dancing and it's stupid craze is the biggest contribution to why I dislike it so much. However, there is another thing that bugs me a lot about the video. Half the time it shows him as a player throwing himself on girls after girls. One. Don't these girls respect themselves? Two. Doesn't he have an ounce of respect for women. I know he's rich and famous but still. Half of the video he acts like a crazy pervert who has seen women for the first time after being locked in an enclosed cell. It is weird.

Well, I have said my piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment