I shall share 2 stories of my friends. Well, they weren't quite exactly friends but I knew them well enough to have had a few lunches with them. These stories will show you how silly these ninnyhammers are. (Names are changed to protect the identity of my friends and so they won't be too annoyed at me for showing them how silly it all is.)
Story 1:
This story is about a friend of mine... lets call her Maria. Well, a little background on her before I start. Well, you see, Maria is an Indian and in her eyes, shes is of a "minority group" due to her race and everyone who dislike her, dislike her because of her skin colour.
Honestly, we don't. We dislike her because she acts a bit like a know-it-all and it's just really getting to everyone. My classmates don't shun her however she see herself as "too smart for them" and therefore obsolete herself from the group. Not that I particularly gave a two licks about "the popular crowd" (too mainstream and too tiring to be around them).
So within "the popular group" there are a few Indians as well. One fine day, she came to my friends and I as we were about to leave the classroom and head off for lunch. We invited her for lunch with us and she agreed. As we were sharing small talk over lunch we asked why she hadn't hung out with Deena from "the popular crowd".
This was her reason, "I don't like her. She is very racist. Especially toward me."
They were both Indians. She thought the other girl was racist toward her... Racist toward your own race. Is that even truly possible? Don't you see how silly it all was?
Story 2:
Now, we have a friend named Emma. Emma was also not in the very popular crowd. We hung out for lunches. She looked far off from a super model and she was what in nicer terms would've put not as great looking. Not that I'm discriminating her.
She also had insecurities about her looks and how people saw her. So whenever a group of guys look to her direction, rather than feeling flattered, her silly paranoid self kicks in and assumes the guys are laughing at her.
For all you know they probably think her dress looked nice or saw something else in her direction!
Personally, I think some people just need to have a little more confidence in themselves and that not everyone else is judgmental. I honestly think it is very sad and pathetic to live your life thinking the whole world is laughing at you. It just shows you don't think much of yourself.
Honestly your paranoia does not only affect your silly thoughts and stupid perceptions of people and yourself. They annoy pretty much EVERYONE around you. Do you know how EXHAUSTING it is to convince someone everyone is not laughing at them and probably laughing at something else?! IT TAKES FOREVER! Just a tip, spare your nice friends' feelings or they will start hurting yours too. THEN you are going to mope about how much the world hates you when really people just don't talk to you just because you refuse the ironic fact that the world DOESN'T hate you.
Quit jumping at the first mention of your name okay? People might be talking about you but until you really know what it is, just believe it is something good. That way, the stupid "mystery" won't become so unbearable.
I have said my piece.
EDIT: Today, a few days after I posted this, I saw a promo for an up and coming TV series on National Geographic Channel called "Doomsday Preppers". I honestly thought these people in this new reality show are the worst kind of paranoid. So paranoid they are eating bugs in case food runs out in the future where the whole world is doomed. Honestly, if the world ends, you really don't have to prepare anything other than your grave. I'm just saying.
No comments:
Post a Comment