Thursday, 20 September 2012

Opinions on Payphone (Maroon 5)

This song has topped charts and named by critics as "a radio success". To be honest, I really enjoy this catchy song and Adam Levine is undeniably talented. Trust me. I spent a whole day singing to it. However, in all good fun I'd like to point out that almost nobody uses payphones anymore. We have our Blackberry(s), Androids and iPhone(s) so who needs payphones. Therefore to express my opinion a little differently and a little more creatively, I have decided to re-write the song. 

Here is a little parody written by me. 

Payphone (Maroon 5) - Parody by Cheryl Ng.

I'm at my iPhone trying to call home 
All of my minutes spent on you 
Where is the signal? 
Baby it's all wrong 
My internet is cut off.


Yeah, I, I know it's hard to remember 
Dates and Times with planners
It's even harder to picture 
I am losing reception
You say it's too late to make it 
But is it too late to try? 
I need to save my reception
All of my data's inside


I've wasted my nights 
I played angry birds
I've beaten your score 
Still stuck in facebook when I had to sleep
But even the Sun sets in paradise.

If happy ever after did exist 
IiPhone 5 and 3G will be cheap
All those fairytales are quite boring
I would like to instagram my food.

You turned your back on the payphone
'Cause you forgot to take coins
I gave you my phone to borrow 
But you just gave wasted batteries
You can't expect me to be fine 
I don't expect you to care 
I know I've said it before 
I can't stalk on facebook now

Basically it wasn't a very good parody but I'm actually working on it. Being in a society that can't live without internet, 3G or reception, I felt that calling through a payphone just sounds so unrealistic. I got the idea when I went into a phone booth to make a call using my mobile. It was weird. I had a payphone staring right back at me and I was making a call through my mobile. Says quite a bit about our technology-run society. 


No comments:

Post a Comment