If you asked me what is my biggest dream, it is to travel all around the world. Explore every corner, every valley and eat everything. To get the full complete experience. I want to be a citizen of every country. To recognize every road like it is my home. To learn all their cultures and experience it whether I like it or not. By citizen of every country, I meant it metaphorically. Yes, I am consumed by wanderlust.
Therefore, this post is very befitting to me. After all, I have taken many plane rides over the years. The first plane ride I could ever remember was when I was three (i think). I don't exactly remember the year but it was around then. I still remember the destination. Thailand. In fact, just this June I flew to Japan and enjoyed a wonderful vacation there. To be honest, I count myself a very fortunate child. I have seen most of Asia and I have even been out of Asia. I'm 16 going on 17 and I have been to Israel, Jordan, Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Japan, China, Thailand and Taiwan. My mother said I have been to Australia but I just couldn't remember so I will go there again someday.
As the cliche goes, "It's about the journey, not the destination." However, to me, everything part of it is the journey and the dream is to cover the entire map is my destination. Without Aeroplanes however, I would never have seen so much of the world in such a short time. I mean I could take ships like people in the past did but they wouldn't be as safe and as fast.
I love planes. I really do. My favorite part is... EVERYTHING. From the lift off to the food to the landing. My boyfriend and I both agree that the lift off is the best part. Personally, lifting off is when I look out of the window and slowly see the world I know so well minimize and fade as I rise higher into the sky. When I see the clouds and the little trees and the sea, a rush of excitement go through me like electricity. It feels so surreal even after all these years. Flying in the clouds gives me a sense of adventure. It is like I don't know what lies ahead of me and just going.
To be honest, the food isn't half bad either. A lot of people complain about it but to be honest I like it. It could also be the fact the the stewards and stewardess heed to your every request as best as they could. Maybe I am just biased and I just enjoy the experience so much my taste buds are blinded by the fat that it isn't good but I'm sticking to what I said. I like plane food. Plus they usually display it like a pretty set lunch. what is there not to like? Hence, I always look forward to meals on the plane. Too bad budget airlines don't serve them.
The toilets. If you have been on a plane and used the bathroom on it, you would have noticed the flush doesn't really flush. Rather, it vacuums your business into some secret compartment. I am always fascinated yet a little nervous about it. I used to think it just gets sucked off the plane and into the open sky. Through it's fall back down to earth, it turns into something like bird poop and "PLOP!" it lands in someone's coffee. That is why it made me nervous. Honestly, if the flush really disposed of everything into the vast sky, it meant that if you fell in it you would be thrown off the plane and die mysteriously. Of course, Google and my brilliant friends cleared that mystery for me. I still like watching it anyhow and pretend that somewhere out there an unsuspecting victim would be pelted with my business.
That didn't sound so weird in my head. Now I sound like a lunatic.
I love everything about it. I never thought the seats were too cramped but that is just my biased opinion.
No comments:
Post a Comment