Saturday, 15 September 2012

Opinions on This Article.

url: http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/223161_10151119156101832_2108509450_n.jpg
url:http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/399002_518111774870482_448904979_n.jpg


You know how a lot of people take politician's opinions at face value? Especially if it came from the education minister. However, sometimes, no matter how amazing a country is, THERE WILL BE STUPID PEOPLE!

Before I explain why a lot of us think this whole thing is one big fat joke, let me state my stand on homosexuality. I'm against it. It is just not natural to me. However, I'm not against homosexuals. To give more clarity to what I mean. I'm against the act of it but I still love the people. It's like I don't like smoking but I'm okay if you smoke. As long as you don't do it in front of me. If it is still not clear to you, let me give you an analogy.

Lets assume you are a parent. Your child broke your vase. You are against the action your child did but you still love him/ her. Therefore, no, I am not homophobic. It is just religious reasons. After all, God made Adam and Eve.

Anyways, when I read this article, I laughed my socks off. Please do not hate me for saying this but do you actually see how stupid what this guy says is?  It is one thing to ban gay marriages. It is another to take it up to a whole new level to "detect" gay and lesbian "symptoms" in children and try to cure them. You make it sound like a disease that a pediatrician should worry about!

"Symptoms"? Are you kidding me? Being muscular just means the guy works out. Mt boyfriend is muscular but I'm 100% sure he isn't gay. To be honest,  showing off muscles doesn't make a guy gay. In fact, girls like muscles too. Which why guys show their muscles off. To impress women. Pertaining to light clothes. You are wearing WHITE in your picture! It doesn't get any lighter than white. Attracted to men. Well, that is what makes them gay doesn't it? Why are you stating the obvious? Oh! Wait, he never mentioned which gender being attracted to men. Well, I guess according to him I'm gay too. Since I am attracted to men.

Moving on to his "symptoms" of a lesbian. Attracted to women, no affection for men. Well my good sir, you must have been rejected a lot for you to say that. Oh and HELLO, being attracted to women doesn't automatically make you a lesbian. Look, if you endorsed it, you have to at least be a little more specific. "Women attracted to women". From the way you put it, your'e saying my boyfriend who is attracted to women is a lesbian. By the way, a female being attracted to females is not a "symptom". It is what makes her a lesbian, genius! "Likes to hang out, have meals and sleep in the company of women.". I don't know about you but I do enjoy having meals with my female friends. I'm sure it must have blown your mind away when I just told you that I don't have to be a lesbian to hang out or eat with my female friends and females can be just friends. It is not like guys like to go shopping with girls right?

Sometimes, the silliness of some people just cracks me up. Furthermore, endorsed by of all ministries, the education ministry. Maybe you might like to educate yourself a little more before you hone the next generation.  Sometimes, it is also good to consider things you say twice.

I understand their government's concerns but sometimes you can't just tell people that they have "symptoms" to become gay or lesbian. Sometimes you have to think things through. Rather than telling people to note for symptoms, you could share your stand and your concerns. Maybe people won't think your stereotyping is homophobic or stupid. After all, as a leader, you earn respect. People shouldn't fear you and listen to everything you say and take it as it is. After all, criticisms help us improve. Also, sometimes, it is good to think things through, debate and share your ideas with peers before endorsing it or blowing it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment