Monday, 1 October 2012

Opinions on Children

Since it is Children's day today, I felt that this post is quite appropriate and befitting the occasion. Well, it is not universal Children's day but it is celebrated on the first of every October here. It is pretty cool. For kids at least, they get celebrations, presents and a day off from school. How great is that? Vacations are always fun!

Children's day has always been about the children. No matter how much they get on our nerves sometimes or the countless of stupid things they do, they are undeniably cute. From this point on wards, you should have already established the fact that I love children and I am very much against both child abuse and abortion. I will get to that later.

In church, I serve in the worship team at Sunday School. I always loved it! My kids always cheer me up when they sing and praise God. I think they are precious little treasures. Sometimes, when I'm down and not in my best of moods, they would say or do something silly yet cute and it cheers me up. I love playing with them too! They're a lot of fun. More fun than people my age anyways. They have a wilder imagination too. Yes, maybe I fit in with them very well because I'm childish but being childish isn't such a horrible thing.

Children are amazing. They can be brutally honest and I love that. Adults are too afraid of telling the truth because they are too afraid people might leave them or hate them. Children are different. They tell you like it is. Children are so innocent it sometimes hurt. I know a lot of my friend disagree but think about it. In a child's mind everyone good looking is a nice person and ugly people are witches or evil wizards. They also believe life will also be sprinkles and ice-cream. To a kid, having a bad day means having their hair yanked at school or not being able to watch their favorite cartoon.

Sometimes I look at the kids at church and I wonder what they would be like when they grow up. Would some of the girls start cutting themselves or the boys dissolve their lives into games and cigarettes. How many of them would continue walking with God. I always pray for them but sometimes it just hurts that they would grow up and face temptations and the cruelty of life. After all, they can't be sheltered forever by their parents and teachers. They will grow up some day.

As much as i love children, I hate abortion. I'm not going to talk about how life is formed at conception, etc. Let's just cut that out. However, think about it. You manage to live a life. Who cares if it wasn't wonderful. You fell in love, you made friends and you have seen things and yet you are denying a potential human being the chance to experience and enjoy that? If you are opting adoption because you made a mistake, it is YOUR mistake. If I were you, I'd let the kid live and bring him up for adoption. Whether your reason was teenage pregnancy, financial difficulties or serial killers running after you, some other couple somewhere want a child yet can't conceive. Yet you would rather kill the hopes that a child who could potentially be a wonderful adopted son/ daughter of a childless family. Who knows. That feotus you are trying to get rid of could even be the next Olympic gold medalist or a child prodigy.

That being said, I think child abuse is far worse than abortion. Abortion is taking the life of an innocent baby before it could experience the world. At least it didn't live to witness the constant cruelty of humans. Therefore, child abuse is far worse. Sure you let the kid live, then what? Constantly cause him/ her wish he/she was dead? Some people say "torturing is far worse than death". It is true. Everyone rather die a swift, painless death but nobody likes to live in agony and suffering. To be honest, people who abuse children should pick on people their own size. What does it show when you pick on children? That you are a coward?

I think all children should be protected. Sure, they will ave to grow up some day but before they could even fend for themselves they should be treated with love, care and ICE-CREAM!

To all the children out there, HAPPY CHILDREN'S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment