Friday, 15 February 2013

Opinions on War

Read the news, books and listen to people talk. War happens everywhere and all the time. Be it war over who gets more assets in a divorce or who has more rights and means to sue or war between countries, don't people find this all really silly?

The same people who created schools that teach children's to make peace, to love and to empathize go out to create wars?

I may only be 18 and I don't dabble in politics or "adult business" but the last time I checked these are the same people that were suppose to. To model behaviors for us to follow?

So can you see my confusion? On one hand I am told, "Do not fight or argue, make peace with each other" but you do the complete opposite.

Because of wars, millions of lives are lost. So if you tell me playing violent games is the reason why youths are aggressive , I say bullshit. The violent games we play model after real wars and mirror real weapons and fighting techniques. Violent wars started way before violent video games were created.

As a youth, I understand what it means about being impressionable. We learn from what we see. Sure you may say that we watch or learn what we choose to. However since we are so impressionable, we monkey see monkey do. People should understand that.

Maybe if people spent more time fighting for things that matter like the truth, love, trust, a more personal world, maybe children, youths and everyone else would not have such a catastrophic worldview and had more positive influences to model their lives after.

People need to know that people care. That things like kindness and empathy still exists. I know it does but does everyone? More and more people feel lonely. Maybe instead of focusing on how horrid the world has been we can think about positive things.

Cheryl. 15 February 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment