Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Opinions on Justin Bieber

Two reactions will proceed after reading the title. Some tween girls would go, "OMG!! JUSTIN BIEBERRR!! I LOVE HIM SO MUCH FOREVER!!". Others would go, "GAY!! I hate him, I hate his hair, his music, his looks. I hate him." 

I guess I am neither. However, that doesn't mean I don't have a stand. I used to be neutral but now I just dislike him. Not to the point that I hate him though. I just dislike him. To be honest, he does deserve some applause for his achievements. In fact, if you Google the awards he have been recognized with, you would get web searches for millions of fan sites vouching for his achievements. I know this sounds over achieving but I never thought being "nominated" was good enough. So counting on the awards that he won, there are over 40 in the last few years of his career.

Like my friend mentioned in his blog (click here to view his post), Justin Bieber was an icon. An icon of teen success. At 14, He was discovered by Scooter Braun, an American talent manager and his first debut My World released a year after. When he was discovered, I was only thirteen. To see someone around my age living his dream while I was still drooling on the desk in school was quite inspiring. I didn't fancy his music but I enjoyed following new about him online because I looked up to him. Living his dream while the rest of us go through the routines of education.

However, the boy that started out as a fun loving teenager who was simply chasing and living his dreams quickly spiraled into a male diva. Maybe his fame and "power" seemed into his head and suddenly he turned into a prideful monster. He stopped being the friendly chirpy little boy  who finally realized his dreams and had his luck changed overnight. He turned into something I would call ugly. 

Rather than dressing like the small town boy he really was, he traded his t-shirt, hoodies and sneakers for leather jackets, fancy clothes and expensive shoes. To me, it seemed like he lost touch of who he really was and where he came from. His haircut imitating Jesse McCartney was quite sad. Jesse McCartney was a good artist. He didn't sing about first love at 13 or swag and he never turned into a stuck up rich little brat. At least I don't think he did.

Story time. Everything is going to be kept anonymous but truthful. The dad of an anonymous friend of mine works as a security guards in one of the best hotels around. He shares many stories with his family and she sometimes shares them with us. As you know, Bieber has been in many tours to promote his ridiculously prideful self. Basically, Bieber stayed in the hotel that my friend's dad works and coincidentally, he was assigned to take care of the brat. In the middle of the night at 2am, Bieber got hungry and asked for burgers specifically from Burger King. Since Burger King wouldn't be open until at least 5 hours later almost islandwide, the hotel offered to have chefs grill him a burger personally. No, the rich tantrum throwing boy didn't want birgers made specially for him. He demanded Burger King and told his assistant that until he gets his Burger King, his assistant was not to return. 

Doesn't that simply get on your nerves? If I was his assistant, I'd search the garbage bins for a half eaten burger, feed it to the cry baby and quit. Yes, I know the story doesn't seem credible but from the looks of the news, I am not surprised he would do that. He actually even punched a paparazzi for snapping photos of him and Selena. I don't care what excuses he or his fans will conjure for him. Nothing could reason his violent outbursts. Like I said, he was an icon and he still had a million fans who looked up to him. As a public figure, self-control is important.

Selena Gomez even had to make apologies on his behalf to the photographer. Sometimes, I wonder what she sees in him. Being such a wonderful person she has more than a million better offers. I guess you can say, "Love is blind" but then again it is not stupid. She is always there to baby him and honestly, if I were her, I'd have told him off for being a crazy whiny brat.

I have said my piece. Argue all you would like. That is what I think. See why I dislike him now?

No comments:

Post a Comment