Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Opinions on Public Toilets.

Every once in a while, no matter how much we try to avoid using public toilets, we inevitably need them. I'm sure we all have our reasons for avoiding public toilets. Personally, I never use a public toilet unless my bladder is on the verge of exploding. Choked up toilet bowls, empty toilet paper dispensers, faulty taps and etc. I'm cringing thinking about it.

First. Let's talk about people who don't flush. If your first response is "EWWWW" then yes, that is how I feel when I visit public toilets. There always has to be at least one cubicle choked up with toilet paper, someone else's "business" and who knows what else is swimming in that cesspool. It is disgusting. It's even worse that it always happens in the female toilets of my school. Sometimes, I can't help but wondering what these girls do. You know what? We share the toilets in our area with mostly the nursing students. I don't know what is worse. The fact that these people are going to use sterile equipment on me in the future or that I have to bear with the smell of their bowels. Aren't nurses supposed to be hygienic?

Mind you. It happened in the girl's bathroom. Which honestly is kind of ironic. At least to me. I've seen girls scream over centipedes and doesn't it bother them that they don't do things like FLUSHING?

Right. enough about flushing. Another thing I really can't stand is dirty toilet bowl seats. I don't know where anyone got the idea to squat on the seat to pee but sometimes I find footprints on the toilet bowl seats. Who does that? Aren't you afraid you might slip and get your foot stuck in the toilet bowl? Apparently not. Maybe you should use something called a brain? I don't get why you could be so inconsiderate as to stand with your dirty filthy shoe on where people rest their bare bums. It is a good a being kicked in the face with a shoe soaked in mud and dog poop.

Have you ever been to a cubicle where there's "leftovers" on the toilet seat. I have. Girls, WHY couldn't you aim. Wait, in the first place, you don't have to aim! So how did your business end up on the toilet bowl rather than IN the toilet bowl. Let me go through it clearly with you. The toilet bowl. Where you release your business into. The toilet bowl's seat. Where you DO NOT leave your business on. It is worse when you find it on the floor. It questions the intelligence of whoever went before you. Did they not know the floor is FAR off from the toilet bowl. Wait, don't answer that. I'm afraid someone might say, "Oh!! So THAT is what that bowl like thing is for!". Really people, really?

Then comes choked up sinks. I see hair. EVERYWHERE. Floating in this mini pool of water just because the sink is choked. I only can come up with two reasons for that. The cleaners did not do their job well or someone with really hairy hands used the sink. Logically I know the hairs are hairs from the head but then it would raise another question. WHY exactly is there so much hair in the sink? You wash your hair in a SINK?

Alright, I shall stop ranting about how filthy some toilets are. Do you know why girls take such a long time in the toilet? The queue never quite seems to move. That and this is what a typical does in the toilet. Wait in the achingly long queue, spend 10% of their cubicle time with their business and the other 90% texting while waiting to see if there is more. When they are out, they spend another eon in front of the mirrors dolling themselves up or smiling at themselves and spend 5 seconds washing their hands. Plants lived and died before they finally decide that they are done. It is no wonder guys complain about girls. If there was some kind of colossal switcheroo chaos in gender roles, trust me, girls would go on and on about how they are made to wait for someone to finish dolling themselves.

Another thing I never quite understood was taking pictures in the toilet. I never knew that toilets were THAT stunning. You know, with their plain old tiles and choking toilet bowls, there just isn't anywhere else that would make your pictures look this fabulous.

That is all I have to say. Of course I have seen really clean and commendable toilets but I doubt I would dedicate a post to clean toilets. Maybe a few sentences? Honestly clean toilets make me feel happy. So whoever made these specific toilets clean, keep up the good work or just prevent people from entering.

No comments:

Post a Comment